I need help removing windows XP but keep windows 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help removing windows XP but keep windows 2000

HI guys, I tried to search in the forum but I cant find the solution.
    I need help removing windows XP but i want to keep my windows 2000.
    My windows xp won't boot anymore. I tried everything but it won't boot. When I start up with xp it load but restart after like 10 sec. Windows 2000 works. I want to delete XP by 2000 since I cant go in windows XP. When I put the install cd of xp it doesnt work too. I dont know what to do help please

Re: I need help removing windows XP but keep windows 2000

Can you please detail your disk partitioning with regards to Windows XP and Windows 2000?
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Well, I kinda suck at computer thingy so I dont know. But all I know is that i had 2000 installed before on C and I installed xp.

Comment

Please post the entire contents of your boot.ini file which will be located in the root of your C:\ drive.

By default, this file is hidden so make sure you enable the display of hidden files and registered file types so that you can find this file in Windows Explorer.

Once I see the boot.ini file, I can walk you through a fairly quick procedure to remove Windows XP from the boot menu. But we should find out where Windows XP is installed also so that we can blow that away and free up some disk space.

Jas
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
        boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
        X