Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant log on the windows xp as an administrator

Hi
    I guess I disabledthe administrator acount on my system. and each time I tried to log on it tells me that my account is disabled, see your administrator

Please help me

thanks

When you install XP it forces you to create a new account. This account has administrative rights, so unless you or your local administrator scaled back your user account you can reenable the account.

Have you tried enabling the account in Local Users and Groups?

To access computer management right click on my computer and click manage.

Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

I can't even have access to the computer: I completely barred entry, indicating that my account was disabled. There are no other local user accounts as the computer is not fully customized.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rosebudssam
        I can't even have access to the computer
        Use this guide to help you reenable the account. Once you download the utility and boot from the cd/floppy you can use it to enable the account.

http://www.petri.com/forgot_administrator_password.htm

Use the "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor". I've used this a few times in the past. I know this util allows one to enable a disabled account, I'm not sure about the others. For saftey's sake follow the link to the developers page and get the newest version.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: I cant log on the windows xp as an administrator

I know this is a really old thread, but I had the same problem and had a heck of a time finding a fix. So I figured that other people may be finding this thread and not finding the fix they need, so I'll post the fix that worked for me!

If you have disabled the Administrator account and have no other users in the Administrators group and assuming you know the Administrator password you can hit F8 while your computer is starting up (I hammer the F8 key until im presented with a DOS options window). Then start up in Safe Mode and you can then log into the Administrator account in Safe Mode (It is always enabled in Safe Mode). Then all you have to do is reactivate the Administrator account

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups option -> Users folder. Right click on Administrator go to properties and UNCHECK Accound Disabled. Hit apply and restart. You can now log into the computer as an Administrator.

Note: This only works if you KNOW the Administrator password.

Good luck!

Comment

Re: I cant log on the windows xp as an administrator

Originally posted by rosebudssam
            Hi
            I guess I disabledthe administrator acount on my system. and each time I tried to log on it tells me that my account is disabled, see your administrator

Please help me

thanks

i want to know did u forgot the admin password,if not then log on to the user you have created and then right click on my computer and the manage and then on users and right click admin and clear the box---disable the account.

i think this will work.

but you have to log on with the user account and not admin.

Comment

Working...
            X