Slipstreaming SP1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipstreaming SP1

I have managed to get that part done, but apparently I have screwed something up during the process. I made the ISO and have made the CD bootable, but when it boots into the setup process it ask for a disk in drive A: labeled Windows XP Profession SP1. Unless I missed something, which is highly possible, where is this disk supposed to come from or what did I do wrong during the Slipstreaming process?

Thanks.

Did you extract the boot img from the original cd and use that as the boot img for the new one? I suspect this is where you might have made a mistake.

I don't know how you did it but using Nero you need to make sure you turn off floppy emulation and set sectors to 4. I've done it this way a number of times without a problem.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

No, I didn't do that. I was following the instructions from Petri. I don't recall being instructed to do that. I used WinISO to make the .ISO and followed the instructions...i think. I used Roxio to burn the .ISO to CD.

Comment

Maybe you did something wrong because following my article exactly works like a charm. It's been tested with all SP versions on W2K and XP.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by robjones
          No, I didn't do that. I was following the instructions from Petri. I don't recall being instructed to do that. I used WinISO to make the .ISO and followed the instructions...i think. I used Roxio to burn the .ISO to CD.
          I'm not familiar with that method I'll have to read it.
          Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I think you have lost the booting files. You ahve to download them from the internet, they include booting for the CD rom.
            Best regards,
            Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You can extract the boot files from you own XP D by using the little tool downloadable from here. http://www.nu2.nu/bbie/
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

That seems to be the problem. I didn't extract the boot files...i am such a goof.. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

You think you're a goof, mate you should have seen my first 6 attempts.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                  X