Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing desktop physical path

hello all,

as we all know, the desktop is a folder in our main partition' usually in "C:\documents and settings\ user name\ dektop".

is anyone know how to change the physical path of the desktop so i can place it in another path in another partition(eq. "D:\avi\desktop")?

advanced thanks, avi

Re: changing desktop physical path

Sorry, don't know a way to do this. Roaming profile would get you part of this but not 100% of what you are looking for.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

to anyone who is intrested in this thread.

I've found the solution for my problems after hours of seeking in my computer in order to resolve this for me.

first of all, it is very important that all the paths that you give to altenate desktop'my documents, etc., will be exist.

all you need to do is to change a registry keys to whatever you want to change.
      the keys are located in the following path in the registry:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\AllTheKeys"

all the best, avi

Comment

Avi, thanks for sharing. However, you can also do this by using Microsoft's TweakUI, found in the Windows XP Power Toys suite.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X