Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two unknown users

Hi,

Do you guys know how I can remove the users below (icons with ? on it)?
    I think they're remnants from my previous winxp installation.

thx,
    gildan2020

Re: two unknown users

This object is inheriting permissions from a parent object. Block inheritance and then click the "Remove" button.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonboche
      This object is inheriting permissions from a parent object. Block inheritance and then click the "Remove" button.

Jas
      Well, for one folder, that would be easy.
      But I have many folders scattered everywhere in different drives with these two users. For each folder that I know would contain these two users, I would have a few more folders which I dunno would contain them.

Is there any way I can just remove the users instead of locating every folder that lists these two users?

Comment

Was the machine ever a part of a domain? If yes, these could be SIDs or domain users. If the machine is still a member of the domain, these could be SIDs of deleted users.

Try to locate the topmost folder where these are placed, then remove them from there. This will remove the SIDs from all child folders.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp
          Was the machine ever a part of a domain? If yes, these could be SIDs or domain users. If the machine is still a member of the domain, these could be SIDs of deleted users.

Try to locate the topmost folder where these are placed, then remove them from there. This will remove the SIDs from all child folders.
          Nope, it's a standalone machine. Those users are remnants of a previous installation.

I tried to locate one of the parent folders and remove these users. But the child folders still contain them.

Any ideas?

gildan2020

Comment

Working...
          X