No announcement yet.

login and logoff problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• login and logoff problem

i m using windows xp home edition, in which i made two user accouts one was with my own name which was password protected, and having admin rights. the other one was unprotected and having user rights. since day before yesterday i cud not be able to login to them. Though it does not show any problem till the welcome screen , when ever i try to login to one of my user accounts (protected & unprotected) windows log off that user instantly and again back to welcome screen.though i tried default Administrator account which showed same results.

m having SP2 in my system. and day before yesterday automatic updates needed my system to restart, once i did it malfunctioned since then.

Further more i tried to recover my windows by recovery console, and by windows recovery cd but got same results after that.

i installed parallel windows to access my documents. the documents of user account are accessible but m having access denied in my other protected account.

cud any body help in this regard i wud be thankful for ur suggession as i have important data in my protected account.

waiting for ur reply

Re: login and logoff problem

Are any of your files encrypted with EFS? A parallel installation of Windows should allow you access to all files.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Re: login and logoff problem

You may need to Take Ownership of the protected accounts files & folders.
      Departed: 23rd December 2015