Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deployment of Windows XP

Greetings,
    In about a week I will be facing a rollout of about a 100 PCís. Iíve created an initial build and will be using Symantec Ghost for deployment. My question is how can I have every new user have a specific interior and settings? For example I want new users to have looks and setting of the Administrator profile.
    Thanks

Re: Deployment of Windows XP

Originally posted by andreyk
    Greetings,
    In about a week I will be facing a rollout of about a 100 PCís. Iíve created an initial build and will be using Symantec Ghost for deployment. My question is how can I have every new user have a specific interior and settings? For example I want new users to have looks and setting of the Administrator profile.
    Thanks
    When using Ghost you can't have specific settings per computer unless you've made an image that will comply with the needs of that user. Generally if all of the machines have similar hardware you'd make a generic image with the software and drivers preinstalled. Then configure the machine on an as needed basis.

You can also create a generic image, install just drivers, lock the machine down and force domain authentication and install software via a policy when the users login. This way you can control what software they get.

I'm not sure if that was what you asked, I'd like to try and help, but I didn't understand the question. I suspect English is not your naitive language. If that didn't help perhaps you can rephrase the question?
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X