window delay write error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window delay write error

I have LAN setup of XP clients with linux server. Computer are slow when clients try to logon:
    and this error display often:

Windows was unable to save all data for the file \\linuxmainserver\profile\mba2345\prf87d.tmp The data has been lost . This may be caused by the failure of your computer hardware or network connection, please save file else ware.

what will be the problem, what is solution?

Re: window delay write error

Maybe the path is too deep.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
      Maybe the path is too deep.
      I'm having the same issue with XP SP2 clients accessing a 2k3 server through a Linux router. My paths are pretty short such as \\filesrv\share ... I've opened all ports between my network with the XP clients and just the 2k3 server. I seems to have helped, but I still get these messages.

I think it's something with the Linux firewall/router blocking ports or not forwarding them properly. I don't see much in the logs but that the connection has been dropped/blocked.

Hope this helps in any way!
      "All technology should be assumed guilty until proven innocent." ~David Ross Brower

CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, A+

Comment

I've had exactly the same probs recently. I've monitored the bandwith but that didn't help as it was plenty available. The only thing i can think of is DFS. We've just implemented DFS recently and that's when these probs started happening.
        Maybe the path is too deep
        biggles77 might have a point.

The only thing I can't seem to find out is a fix.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I have experienced this issue numerous times in the past while sending insane amounts of data (.Gif images) consisting of check images in large scale banking environments.

Microsoft had a hotfix for this way back when, but it didn't help our situation out.

Since we were on our own with this, we ensured that:

1. We experienced the best possible performance on our network through hardstrapping our nics and managed switches (Cisco 29xx series). This may or may not apply in your case since your hardware is unknown.

2. We made sure we had the latest and supposedly greatest disk controller and nic drivers.

3. If the machines in question are multihomed, we checked the binding order of the nics and set the priority accordingly if need be.

I have also read up on the "highly popular" caching tweaks in the registry plastered all over the net, but these did not contribute to our solution.

Hope this helps!

J

Comment

Working...
          X