Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem relating to user profiles, offline files and file synchronization

Hi Guys,

Got a bit of a problem with all the clients on our Windows Server 2003 network (clients are all running either Windows XP or 2000). Basically we have a folder redirection policy on My Documents, folder redirection enables offline files. The problem with this is that say for example user A logs onto a computer, when user A logs off it synchronizes all their offline files which is fine until user B comes and logs on. When user B then logs off it synchronizes all his files then it also synchronizes all of user A's files too. The problem with this is that say for example user A has a file with a .mdb file extension in his My Documents the synchronization will fail and tell you that it can't synchronize the .mdb file. Basically what i want to be able to do is to stop all of user A's files from synchronizing at all at log off, assuming he's never going to log onto this computer again i delete his user profile (properly through system properties) but even then it continues to synchronize his files. I'm assuming this is due to a registry key somewhere but i've searched the registry extensively and don't have a clue where to find this. I know this may sound confusing but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Jonno

Re: Problem relating to user profiles, offline files and file synchronization

I think i know what your getting at, what i've experienced is that when you remove the files from working offline it still wants to syncronise the files. It wasn't until i actually deleted the offline files from the laptop that it cleared the problem up. I think its in windows folder options then there's a tab for offline files, this should allow you to clear all the files from the offline files location.

Comment

Working...
    X