Rpc service on win xp pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rpc service on win xp pro

I have a computer with win xp pro system which i can't conect to by using RDP from other computer in the domain or from outside the network. when i look at the services at the RPC servic it is shown "started" and "automatic" but i can't stop it or restart it because all those operation are not enable ?
    is there any way of fixing the problem ?

Re: Rpc service on win xp pro

We had a problem where simple file sharing was checked in the folder options, once we cleared that we were able to remote into XP machines. Go to

Windows Explorer
    Tools
    Folder Options
    View

Scroll all the way down in the list and "Use Simple File Sharing" is checked. Uncheck it and click on OK, then reboot the machine and try to see if this fixes your issue. Hope it helps.

Whip-IT

Comment

i have tryed unchacking simple file sharing in folder options ,but the problem is stile not solved.

i stile need a solution !

tnx

meni

Comment

Disable Internet connection firewall and try to connect.

May I know the error occured when you restart/stop the RPC service.

Comment

Originally posted by meni_k1
          I have a computer with win xp pro system which i can't conect to by using RDP from other computer in the domain or from outside the network. when i look at the services at the RPC servic it is shown "started" and "automatic" but i can't stop it or restart it because all those operation are not enable ?
          is there any way of fixing the problem ?

Have you turned OFF the windows XP firewall??

Have you checked the box to allow Remote Desktop??

BTW you won't be able to turn off the RPC service.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/remote_p...call_(rpc).htm
          Last edited by wullieb1; 26th March 2006, 14:33.

Comment

Are you an Administrator or have you added your account to "Select remote users" option in the Remote Desktop tab?
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

guys !

i'm a computer tech by professional ! I've built the network ,installed all the computers in the network and have chacked all the regular stuff to connect via RDP (permissions ,firewall etc) alol the other computers are working just fine except for this one.
              i don't have any errors when i start/stop the RPC service. there is no option to stop or start or restart the service all the options are marked in gray color.

everything was working fine until a month ago.

tnx for any further help

Meni

Comment

guys !

i'm a computer tech by professional ! I've built the network ,installed all the computers in the network and have chacked all the regular stuff to connect via RDP (permissions ,firewall etc) alol the other computers are working just fine except for this one.
                i don't have any errors when i start/stop the RPC service. there is no option to stop or start or restart the service all the options are marked in gray color.

tnx for any further help

Meni

This info would have helped from Post 1. Roll back to a Restore Point before the problem started.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

i cannot roll back ,this computer has a development environment in sql that i cannot roll back from

Comment

guys !

tnx for any further help

Meni
                    Why do you keep referring to the RPC service then? This service is critical and thus CANNOT be stopped, restarted by any other means than restarting the affected computer.

What is the exact process you used to enable RDP onthis machine??
                    What software is installed on the machine??
                    What level of hotfixes and what hotfixes are installed??
                    Is the terminal services service started on the affected PC??
                    Has the RDP port been changed??
                    Are the registry keys the same as the other machines??

*EDIT*

On some more digging.

Do you have the windows firewall configured to Do Not Allow Exceptions???

If you do then remove the check from the checkbox and try again.
                    Last edited by wullieb1; 27th March 2006, 16:24.

Comment

Working...
                    X