This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow LAN

i have LAN setup of XP clients connected to Redhat Linux Server. from a couple of days, clients take to much time to login on to domain, means to say that it takes too much to load and save their login profiles.what will be problems? is it on client side OR server side. Infect client to client communication is normal.Is it there possibilty of any virus spread in LAN. Plz reply soon.
    Is there any virus/trojan/worm/spyware in action to slow the LAN, In Task Manager , there is a net.exe file also. What function this file. When we stop this process from task manager, we feel that LAN speed is faster than prevous.
    thanks

Re: slow LAN

This will probably be related to the Sasser virus you have posted about.

Comment

net.exe is a process which is registered as the w32.dabber.c worm. This virus is distributed via the Internet through e-mail and comes in the form of an e-mail message, in the hopes that you open its hostile attachment. The worm has its own SMTP engine which means it gathers E-mails from your local computer and re-distributes itself. In worst cases this worm can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system
      From http://www.liutilities.com/products/...sslibrary/net/
      Last edited by JeremyW; 2nd May 2007, 18:46. Reason: Gave source for information.

Comment

Originally posted by kosminv View Post
        net.exe is a process which is registered as the w32.dabber.c worm. This virus is distributed via the Internet through e-mail and comes in the form of an e-mail message, in the hopes that you open its hostile attachment. The worm has its own SMTP engine which means it gathers E-mails from your local computer and re-distributes itself. In worst cases this worm can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system
        This appears to be a copy'n'paste from somewhere - what's your source for this information? Is it copyrighted?

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Yes, I agree with Tom.

And here it is. http://www.liutilities.com/products/...sslibrary/net/

kosminv, we appreciate you helping out, just make sure you cite your references and give credit where it is due.

Read the forum rules so that you don't find yourself being banned for violating them. http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=23

I should also note that this thread is over a year old.

Thread closed to avoid confusions.
          Last edited by JeremyW; 2nd May 2007, 18:47. Reason: Added link to rules
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
          X