X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Problem

Hi there again guys.

I have a Windows Xp Client that has this error when he logs on

"The current time on this computer and the current time on the network are different. To log on, contact your system administrator"

I have searched google and cannot come up with a solution for this error that he is getting. Anyone perhaps have a clue as where to maybe where to start having a look?

Re: Time Problem

Try either of the following solution:

Might be there is not charge in the CMOS battery. Change the CMOS battery and set the the right time in the CMOS settings.

If the CMOS battery is fine and still the problem persist:

Go to Control Panel--->Date & Time---> select the tab Internet Time

Check the option Automatically synchronize with an Internet time Server

Enter the valid Time Server name and click on update now.....

Comment

Hi thyagu

The first thing i checked was the CMOS battery, i chedk event viewer and it has nothing there with regards to the battery needing reconditioning.

I don't have a tab called "Internet Time" i have "Date & time" and "Time Zone" but nothing to do with Internet Time at all.

Very weird still, is that the machine is going ahead in days like it was on the 12th of march, if it was the battery it should've been behind a few days?

Comment

Try with this command

net time //<Server Name/IP> /set

Comment

More over may I know what is the latest SP installed ?

Comment

The PC is running windows xp Service Pack 2, but has all the latest packs as i am running WSUS server here in the office this side.

I will try that command that you gave me and let you know. Thanks thyagu

Comment

Originally posted by thyagu

Go to Control Panel--->Date & Time---> select the tab Internet Time

Check the option Automatically synchronize with an Internet time Server

Enter the valid Time Server name and click on update now.....
              This option will not work as the Internet time server option is not available if the machine is joined to a Domain. Since he referes to WSUS sever and an office, I will assume it is on a Domain.
              Check the Time Zone of the machine.
              Are there any other machines in the office with a time problem?
              Is the Server time correct?
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

whenever we have had this problem we always login as the local machine admin and that forces a time update. then you should be able to login under a domain account.

Comment

TBH you shouldn't see this problem as Windows will take the time difference into consideration as long as the Time Zone is set correctly.

I have seent his once but it was for a guy from europe coming back to the UK with one of our UK configured laptops. I changed the Time Zone and it worked OK.

Comment

you have in your logon script a line that trys to change the computer time according to your server time ,but your domain account doesn't have the authorization to change setting in the computer because it's not an adminstrator account in the computer. go to control panel under computer administrator account 'use users account and add your domain account as a member in administrators group.

Comment

Working...
                    X