Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD in WinXp Error code 0x7a

Hello all,
    I hv a Windows XP Professional, SP2, with 512MB of RAM. The system was working fine until last few days. Now the it hangs up automaticaly n then displays a blue scree with error code 0x7a or 0xf4. There is no particular sequence that it displays the error. It also shows that the file win32k.sys is corrupt. I hv been to some of the forums n some shows the solution as rename the win32k.sys to win32k.old, this will create a new win32k.sys file. I hv done that n this also didnt worked.
    Some gave the solution as change the virtual memory paging file size to no paging. I hv performed that but with this the system instead of showing the blue screen restart by itself n doesnt even proceed frm the BIOS setting.
    Is it a problem with the Service Pack? Some body please help me out. I am really thankful.

Re: BSOD in WinXp Error code 0x7a

Have a read of the following link. They have several different reasons and solutions for this problem; yours maybe one. http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1031315908
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks biggles77. I have already checked that forum and worked on most of the solutions mentioned in that, but of no use. Any further help is appreciated.

Comment

Have you looked here

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_fvlq.asp

or even here

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...en&q=stop+0x7a

Comment

The links mentioned by wullieb1 are really helpful for not only this problem but for other error messgs also. Thanks alot for helping to sort out the issue as its solved.

Comment

Originally posted by panky
            The links mentioned by wullieb1 are really helpful for not only this problem but for other error messgs also. Thanks alot for helping to sort out the issue as its solved.

How did you solve it?? Posting your solution will in turn help others in the same predicament.

Comment

Well i sorted out by repairing the Windows XP and the service pack again. I changed the virtual memory settings to System Manage instead of the No paging. I m really gr8ful for all those who helped me in getting the solution

Comment

Originally posted by panky
                Well i sorted out by repairing the Windows XP and the service pack again. I changed the virtual memory settings to System Manage instead of the No paging. I m really gr8ful for all those who helped me in getting the solution

Well done m8.

Thanks for posting back.

Comment

Working...
                X