Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with My Documents Data Recovery.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with My Documents Data Recovery.

Hi every1. 1st time to this site & forum. Really need help. Yet agian Microsoft has owned me and put me in a situation that i have to ask help from others.

I use windows Xp home edition and am the admin user of the computer. I had some time back Changed some setting in the Windows user account setting making My Documents completly protected from guest user or any other user. (Note i have 3 accounts on my windows 1 guest, 1 Admin and another account.) I cant access admin My Documents if i am in the other 2 account even with windows explorer. Which is no doubt what i wanted. But now Mr. Billy G's stupid windows has yet agian crashed on me. I did a update few days back n after installing it wouldnt Boot up. I get a Blue screen with couple of codes . " "Gdi32.ll is currupted". "checksum not match" something like that. I can get the whole code if u guys want it. I tried everything from the "f8" bootup menu. Nothing works. No safe mode, Cant go back to last proper working settings, nothing works from the "F8" menu Not even Safemode with command Prompt. the only thing left was to remove the Hdd n backup all of my data on another computer before i put into the Recovery cd n get my whole Hdd formated.

while backing up everything went as i wanted except MY Documents (Admin). I cant access it. It acts like it did when i tried to access it from a non admin account. I dont have that admin account, Damn i dont even have tha windows. Freaken Completly Crashed on me. Guys please help me with it. I got lots of important data stored in my Documents. I need to Back it up before the recovery disk formats my whole HDD. ( Also tell me how do i sue "Mr. Billy G" His update screwed up my Computer. I swear if i win something I will Donate 50% of it to this site to keep it going 4ever.)

thanx in advance

Please help this new guy at the forum.

Re: Need help with My Documents Data Recovery.

Hi,
    what error it throws ! is it Access Denied ?! Refer below link for How to take ownership of Files and Folders :

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;308421

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;268019

HTH
    Regards

Comment

Originally posted by ghemant
      Hi,
      what error it throws ! is it Access Denied ?! Refer below link for How to take ownership of Files and Folders :
      I disagree. While the initial problem might have been related to permissions, we do not know what has caused the stop errors he has had.

Since XP Home does not have the Security tab available (only in safe mode) I am not sure what the user did to ruin his computer. What I do know is that you can swear and curse till you dry up your throat, it won't help, and it is NOT related to Bill G. nor is it related to Microsoft. 90% of these types of errors are because of mistakes made by the "smart" self-made admins that "think" they know it all, then they wreck their computer, and are then pissed of because of it.

Please do come back with detailed information of what "exactly" you did (no, "I did something" will not help us help you...). If you have error messages or stop screens do post them here. Please give us the details and NOT your personal feelings, which, although important to you, are irrelevant to the case.

Please read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

You can't access the files because they are protected from any other users.

You changed the setting to hide your folders from all other users by the look of your post.

Have you tried to remove the update in safe mode at all??

But again as Daniel has pointed out we need more info on exactly what happened.

BTW do you really think Bill will give a damn about what YOU did to your computer to break it?? Lets remember computers are dumb they only do what they are told by the operator. As for suing him, come on lets get real here.

Comment

Greetings,

After the format, I'm pretty sure you will be able to access lost files with powerful data recovery utility. I suppose using Uneraser, DOS tool that works simply perfect, it's restore algorithm is really mighty, it never failed me before. Also, Undelete might help, yet it is win application.

http://www.active-undelete.com/

http://www.uneraser.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Cza
            Hi every1. 1st time to this site & forum. Really need help. Yet agian Microsoft has owned me and put me in a situation that i have to ask help from others.

I use windows Xp home edition and am the admin user of the computer. I had some time back Changed some setting in the Windows user account setting making My Documents completly protected from guest user or any other user. (Note i have 3 accounts on my windows 1 guest, 1 Admin and another account.) I cant access admin My Documents if i am in the other 2 account even with windows explorer. Which is no doubt what i wanted. But now Mr. Billy G's stupid windows has yet agian crashed on me. I did a update few days back n after installing it wouldnt Boot up. I get a Blue screen with couple of codes . " "Gdi32.ll is currupted". "checksum not match" something like that. I can get the whole code if u guys want it. I tried everything from the "f8" bootup menu. Nothing works. No safe mode, Cant go back to last proper working settings, nothing works from the "F8" menu Not even Safemode with command Prompt. the only thing left was to remove the Hdd n backup all of my data on another computer before i put into the Recovery cd n get my whole Hdd formated.

while backing up everything went as i wanted except MY Documents (Admin). I cant access it. It acts like it did when i tried to access it from a non admin account. I dont have that admin account, Damn i dont even have tha windows. Freaken Completly Crashed on me. Guys please help me with it. I got lots of important data stored in my Documents. I need to Back it up before the recovery disk formats my whole HDD. ( Also tell me how do i sue "Mr. Billy G" His update screwed up my Computer. I swear if i win something I will Donate 50% of it to this site to keep it going 4ever.)

thanx in advance

Please help this new guy at the forum.
            Hi

I suggest you to use this tool

http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/F...-Recovery.html

As it recovers data even when the partitions have been formatted earlier.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X