X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP doesnt boot anymore...HEEEELP

Hey,

Situation:

Sitting on Notebook now, I cant start my computer. After the windows xp professional bootlogo i got a black screen and its doing nothing

Cos of:

Bought a bluetooth usb stick and headset, i installed the widcomm drivers from cd version 1.4.0 or something...
    i downloaded new widcomm driver (5.0.1.801)
    installed them and during the installation it said "Cant find a Bluetooth divice, please go sure its plugged in" or something like that
    but it was plugged in, i clicked "retry" for thousand times...finally cancel.
    it sais i have to restart, I've done that, and now this shit

Tryed:

i read in this forum and tryed all steps of this article to restore my system:
    http://forums.petri.com/archive/index.php/t-1504.html

i got the same problem, i'm in
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\RESTORE

when i type "dir" i see the rstrui.exe but i cant run it

the other thing is, in windows setup from cd i dont see another "R"
    first there is the windows licence-contrct i accept it with f8, and next step is to choose a drive to install windows on, but i only can choose "install" create partition" and "delete partition"....

please i need help
    any ideas

Re: Windows XP doesnt boot anymore...HEEEELP

k, here is miss-compatibality drivers can do this issue. But what u can to is try to enter the Safe-Mode by pressing F8 and windows Startup. If this success, then remove your BlueTooth and try to run System Restorem hope this will Sucess.

If it is, then Create a Restore Point, and try to install the BlueTooth once again.

If not Then, Repair the Windows. Boot from the Windows CD, choose to install a Fresh Copy, F8 to accept the Agreement and then choose the Repair mode.

Hope this will solve your problem, for any further help and assistance please don't hesitate to.

habibalby
    ================================
    HND: Higher National Diploma in
    Computer Science(IT)

Passed:
    MCSA+Security 2003, VCP3, VCP4
    Done:VMware DSA
    ================================[/COLOR]

Comment

no i cant start in safe-mode, the same thing happens than

strange but i cant try ur second solution, with the windows xp cd from the installed system there is nothing to accept with f8. i directly come to the screen where to choose the harddrive for installing windows...when i choos partition c: it begins copying files to my harddrive.

when i use another windows cd...home version, there comes the controct to accept with f8. and after this i can choose "R" for repair...but than it brings me to the command promt....what do i have to do there?

Comment

Have you tried Last Known Good Config??

Same process as safe mode but select this option.

Comment

Let the files to be copied and then the installation will proceed and u goona be prompt fot repair the Windows.

Otherwise, if u cannot afford to repair it and u don't have Important data in it swape them out and begin new installation. Or else, connect the HDD into another machine to get your data off.

Better thing also, if u have got the Techie'z ToolKit, boot from and do the necessary configuration to protect your data.
          ================================
          HND: Higher National Diploma in
          Computer Science(IT)

Passed:
          MCSA+Security 2003, VCP3, VCP4
          Done:VMware DSA
          ================================[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X