• SXS.dll syntax error in manifest file whilst installing XP home SP2

New PC:
    Gigabyte 81945P [email protected] LAN SLI motherboard
    Intel P4 S775-D830 (dual proccessor)
    2 x 512 Corsair DDR2 Dimms
    GigabyteGV-NX66T128 VP PCI Express graphics card
    2 x 250 GB WD JS SATA11 hard disks
    Pioneer DVR-110D DVRW
    The disks are configured for RAID 0 (stripe) through the M/B Intel Matrix Storage manager option connected through the ICH7R SATA11 chipset.
    I have used both the install CD raid driver and downloaded the latest version from Intel for the F6 floppy loading option during XP home SP2 installation.
    When the PC reboots into GUI mode with about 39 minute to completion the Process hangs after a while and the following errors are reported:

A componant file does not match the verification information present in the componant manifest .
    The Error log shows:
    SXS.dll syntax error in manifest file "D:\I386\asms\10\msft\windows\gdiplus\ gdiplus.man" on line 4
    Then more about a componant file not matching etc.

I have reformatted the drives (full - took ages).
    This is a new shrinkwrapped oem installation CD.
    I have tried it with another new shrinkwrapped oem installation CD with the same results.
    Tried to get updated BIOS from Gigabyte but there don't seem to be any available for download.
    It's Christmas and everywhere seems to have packed up for a week and I need to get it going soon!
    Any Ideas

Re: SXS.dll syntax error in manifest file whilst installing XP home SP2

arnt OEM disks product specific made by microsoft in conjunction with the pc manufacturer
    Life's a breeze, so spread your wings and fly baby

Comment

No,
      If you buy a PC (or enough parts, from a wholesaler, as in my case, to build one) you can buy an OEM version of the operating system with it, at the time of purchase (whichever OS you want). You don't have to be Dell or HP to build a PC, and therefor be an Original Equipment Manufacturer! It is just a plain vanilla version of XP with a specific product code that probably restricts the amount of support you get from Microsoft. Quite a saving on the boxed version.

I am building two PCs at the moment - identical specs except for the case/power supply and the graphics card. One for me - the one I am having problems with and another one which has installed without too much of a problem!

The successfull one has an MSI NX 6600GGT 128 graphics card (same NVidia GPU) and is configured for RAID 1 (Mirror).

There are a couple of things I want to try on the failed system and I will report back on the results.

Comment

After trying various RAID configurations, trying to load up the OS on an IDE disk and swapping in and out various DIMMs, the wholesaler took back the Mother Board Processor and memory for testing.
        The Gigabyte board was found to be faulty and after ages was replaced by Gigabyte Australia.
        I bought another 250MB HDD and set it all up with RAID 5.
        OS went in smoothly and I have stopped pulling my hair out and banging my head on the wall
        This thread can now be closed

Comment

Thanks for posting back with the result to your problem. It is appreciated!
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X