Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring Permissions to Registery

Hello,

While making few changes in to windows registry, i have mistakenly configured deny permissions to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet' container.

Is there any way to retain the permissions. I am thinking that Rebuilding the machine is only the option at

Machine OS: Windows XP 64 Bit.

Many Thanks in Advance..

Re: Configuring Permissions to Registery

You could try booting into safe mode
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      You could try booting into safe mode
      Thanks Ossian,

I tried with Safe Mode, With "Repair Windows" (The first screen while installing OS) but haven't got success. ..

Comment

No, not Repair -- you can press F8 when you are loading Windows and select Safe Mode, then you should get access to the OS and can try fixing registry permissions.

Also if System Restore is enabled, you could try rolling back to before you messed the registry up.

Failing that, it is only a client machine, so presumably backed up, and a format and reinstall would not take too long.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X