Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Desktop

Hello,

Does anybody have an idea why a workstation would not allow remote desktop if all remote desktop settings are enabled? Under Control Panel>System>Remote both check boxes are selected, but I still couldn't access the computer remotely. Then I tried to specifcally select a remote user, but the user I selected still cannot access the computer. I am out of ideas. The firewall is turned to low, so it shouldn't be blocking the access.

Thanks!

Re: Remote Desktop

Originally posted by notsoIT View Post
    The firewall is turned to low, so it shouldn't be blocking the access.
    But have you confirmed that it is not?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I have not confirmed it, but i can use a remote desktop application called Bomgar to access it. I am just curious why I can't do it with the Windows remote desktop.

Comment

Yeah i have to agree with Gareth on this one.

I've tested numerous times and had issues with RDP working with the firewall turned on.

Please recheck or disable for test again.

Bogmar looks like it is some sort of box put in that handles numerous differing OS platforms woth the one interface.

Comment

Bomgar is not a Remote Desktop Client despite what their website says. It doesn't use port 3389 like the Microsoft client.

http://www.bomgar.com/docs/content/s...-firewalls.htm

Can you telnet to port 3389 on the Workstation? If you can't then it's likely the firewall is the culprit.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I will definately try that. Thank you.

Comment

Had an interesting one a couple of days ago, although it was on an SBS machine, where the Server could ping out but nobody could connect in. It was a multitude of issues but the main one appeared to be an anti-virus firewall that was left "intact" when the A/V (that begins with N) was removed. Don't know if it was just deleted or uninstalled correctly.

So, it may be worth looking at any malware, spyware, anti-virus items on you machine.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                Had an interesting one a couple of days ago, although it was on an SBS machine, where the Server could ping out but nobody could connect in. It was a multitude of issues but the main one appeared to be an anti-virus firewall that was left "intact" when the A/V (that begins with N) was removed. Don't know if it was just deleted or uninstalled correctly.

So, it may be worth looking at any malware, spyware, anti-virus items on you machine.
                Thanks! I will look into it

Comment

Working...
                X