maximum connections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maximum connections

on my windows 2000 pro pc, i set the sharing to maximun allowed. but i encounter max connection error. what is the max no connection to a windows 2000 pc. is there is a way i can adjust the limit

thanks

Re: maximum connections

From memory i think the max number is 10.

This is to stop peeps using 2kPro as a server OS.

I'll double check this though.

Comment

You are correct Wullie, 10 is the magic MAX number.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
        You are correct Wullie, 10 is the magic MAX number.

I thought that.

It always seems to stick in my mind as that as well.

Thanks

Comment

is there a way is can bypass the limit of 10. no budget for a server at the moment

Comment

In W2K3, it depend on the number of licenses you buy. It's in Control Panel, Licensing.

I'm wondering which is the maximum number sharing if we choose Per Device or Per User ?
            Love in vain is better than love no one.

Comment

Originally posted by kinalas
              is there a way is can bypass the limit of 10. no budget for a server at the moment
              I've seen hacks to bypass the fileshare limit (a combination of reg keys, disabling windows file protection, and replacing a few system files) but it is fairly complicated and will most likley violate the EULA which may possibly make it illegal. I don't recommend doing this and I'm sure Petri.co.il does not condone even the discussion of it so I suggest we stop.

What are you using the machine for? If its strictly for filesharing a work-a-round would be to use FTP or HTTP to download the files. It is also restricted to 10 connections but because of the nature of web traffic (no constant connection is required) you can in theory have more than 10 concurrent connections.
              Last edited by ahinson; 8th December 2005, 05:37.
              Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

i got a system/program on my windows 2000 pc that needs to be run by about 20 users. i guess if no solutions are available i have to wait for a budget to buy the server version.

Comment

Your best bet is to bite the bullet and buy a server OS i'm afraid.

Too much hassle with the hacks and registry edits.

Plus you get the added security, if configured correctly of a domain

Comment

Working...
                  X