Can't access XPPro shares after joining domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't access XPPro shares after joining domain

Hope I'm not too ignorant. First posting.

Had three XPPro machines working fine peer-to-peer with shared folders and printers. After installing a SBS2003 Server and joining the workstations to the domain, I cannot access any of the shares on the workstations from other workstations, or even from the Administrator account on the server. Message is "\\ComputerName is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this resource."

I've un-shared and re-shared the resources, made sure everyone had administrative rights and full control, turned off all firewalls, and disabled the Windows Firewall service. Something in Active Directory I'm maybe missing?

Thanks in advance. Any help much appreciated.

Re: Can't access XPPro shares after joining domain

what are the ntfs and shareing premissions on the files you want to share. my guess is that it is still setup with the local users accounts and not the new domain users accounts that they would be using now that you got AD setup. easiest way to quickly trouble shoot is add everyone full control to both ntfs and sharing on a single file share and see if people can get to that. if they can they you gotta switch your permissions to reflect the AD accounts.
    MCSE 2000\2003, A+
    00000001-00000011-00000011-00000111

Comment

Hi,
      i think you only need to look at NTFS permission level .

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by ghemant
        Hi,
        i think you only need to look at NTFS permission level .

Regards

When accessing a share from the network you must look at both sets of permissions.

PCKing has the correct idea of adding the everyone group to have full control on both sets of permissions.

Another thing. You have added the users user accounts into AD??

You are logging onto your domain?? Have you tried logging into the local machine and accessing the shares??

Can you access the Admin share from the server to the local machine?? Typically this is \\Computername\c$

Comment

Working...
        X