Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enable network printing for non admin user

Hi,

I have a printer connected to a W2000 workstation.
    All other computers at home have no problem using to this printer, except for one.
    The one having problem is my young daughter's PC running XP - I set her up as a non admin user to prevent installation of various "junk". At that state she cannot access the printer, although to the best of my knowledge I enabled any user to access it (on the w2000 pc). If I login on her computer as a user with admin rights it is possible to print, so it is probably not a problem of printer definition.
    What should I check/change so that she can print from her PC as a non admin user?

Re: Enable network printing for non admin user

Hi,
    this is as simple you can do it , create a user (the same as your daughter's with the same password) and then assign the right in printer sharing then she will able print.
    or
    other thing is that you have to add her / guest to manage print permission also .

Regards

Comment

Re: Enable network printing for non admin user

A lot of problems are starting when there is a blank password for the local administartor. try to set a password for the workstation where the printer is shared.
      Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
      HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
      the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

Working...
      X