No announcement yet.

USB Printer and sharing with two Win XP PC's

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Printer and sharing with two Win XP PC's

Dear Experts,

I have two Win XP professional computer in one room at my office, both computer are member of domain also they have local computer administrator account password protected. Recently I installed HP 4015 printer with usb to one PC and shared it, and add it on the other PC, when adding this printer I used credentials of local administrator account of PC on which printer is directly connected and then I checked remember password. OK done, it worked for 3,4 days.

After that 5th day it says access denied on PC on which I added the printer. I removed it and add again, it worked for a day. The next day when users turned on their PCs , the same PC gave message access denied, while on PC it is connected directly with USB working perfectly.
    Any solutions to troubleshoot this issue? Waiting for expert replies.

Re: USB Printer and sharing with two Win XP PC's

If they are domain members, why are you using local account credentials and not domain authentication to connect?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: USB Printer and sharing with two Win XP PC's

Personally I would purchase a $30 USB Print Server and not have the connected to a local machine and autentication issues.
      Departed: 23rd December 2015