Pc don't Accept Shutdown Command

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc don't Accept Shutdown Command

Recently In windows XP when I execute shudown command (from this path: start button>turn off Computer>turn off)
    in windows My pc won't turn Off, instead it Will restart.I have again Reinstall a new Windows XP But the problem Contunues.
    I do not know wheter it's Software or Hardware Problem.My system Suports ATX Power.

Re: Pc don't Accept Shutdown Command

If i remember correctly this happened with Windows 2000 after an update, and i can't remember what the update was.

Have you tried it with just the install disk that you have with no updates applied??

Comment

but I am using XP SP2.I wonder why when I click that button -Turn off- It restarts Pc instead of Shutdown.

Comment

Originally posted by S2002
        but I am using XP SP2.I wonder why when I click that button -Turn off- It restarts Pc instead of Shutdown.

Yeah i know that.

Have you tried it with just a bare install of XP?? No updates applied.

Comment

Hi,
          yuval is asking that have you install from the Installation Disk with no patch applied on it ! i never face this yet on my system ! i used shutdown command several times but no problems , i am lucky ...

Regards

Comment

Check the BIOS. There is a setting (in some) that will return the machine to the state before power off. It was designed for power outages but it may be interferring with your shutdown. A BIOS flash might be considered if the motherboard is not that new,
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X