No announcement yet.

missing start menu icons

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing start menu icons

how to get back my missing startmenu icons? I tried going to taskbar>>properties>>start menu>>... but to no avail.

Re: missing start menu icons

Is it just the Start menu icons (like your default e-mail, browser, and pinned options), or is it the items under your "All Programs" as well?

Try creating a new profile, although if ALL USERS has been damaged, this will not work
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

@Ossian: the other users are ok....but the user profile im using is on a cant really create another one & move on as I got lot of certificates/licenses etc attached with it.

@LoneWolf15: its only the Start Menu icons. The "All Programs" icons r fine.

Right-click the start-menu button and choose 'Open All Users'. Do you see the programs listed in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\ ?
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy