Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows XP issue/or maybe its me, which is probably the case!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP issue/or maybe its me, which is probably the case!!

okay, I have been building an XP image for a set of computers. I thought I had it complete when I noticed a problem. I installed all programs needed for users who will be using this set of PC's and then copied the administrators profile to default user. Well with Windows 2000 users who logged in inherited the admins profile and all programs worked. Well with Windows XP this did not happen. Programs like Corel 12 and Lotus Notes simply would not open unless I made that user an admin. Well as a standard policy end users are not to be made admins, they have to stay as normal users. Is there a way for all users to inherit the admins profile and have all programs work as a user and not make them an administrator? I know there is but I can't find anything so far that tells me different. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Whip

Re: Windows XP issue/or maybe its me, which is probably the case!!

DUH!!! I got it....was right in front of my face the whole time....

Comment

and what was the problem ?

Please tell us someone else may have the same issue !

Was it the permissions on the Profile that you copied ?
      * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Basically all I did was go to Windows Explorer and C:\Program Files. Located the Wordperfect folder and right clicked on it, chose properties and Security. In the security tab it shows a list of all users. I looked at the Users permissions and found that they didnt have permission to access the folder so I checked the Full access box and logged in as the user and it worked.

Seems as if copying the admins profile to default user doesnt work like it used to in Windows 2000. If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know.

topper
          * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Working...
          X