Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• com port

Hi,

in window xp pro, how do you ad port numbers to the hardware devices? I have ports : lpt1, com1 and then com5,com9,com10..com13.

From com1 to com13 seem to be used by the bluetooth devices. I need ports com 4, com6 and others. How do I get them back?
    In the Bluetooth configuaration, when adding ports I only have the th eport from com9 to com13.

Thank you.

Re: com port

Usually you never have that many com ports. Are you sure you don't mean IRQs?

If that's the case you'll need to manually assign the resources for the devices that's using the resource in question. Then install the device that you want on that IRQ.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

you mean on my pc assigning IRQs to the ports required by my device i.e. com4, com5? Sorry for being dumb but how do I do this in winXP pro?

Also can I Uninstall the other ports showing on my hardaware devices and being used by the bluetooth?

Many thanks.

Comment

comm port are usualy controled by the memory address that it use.
        try this link and i hope you`ll get what you`re looking for http://www.mactekcorp.com/win2kcomrsc.html
        Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
        HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
        the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

Working...
        X