Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Restart Problem

Hi.

I am using windows XP in my Desktop machine. system was working fine but from the last two days i am facing some problem that my system automatically restart after some time, some time restart after 5 min and some time it's work one or 2 days.

Please suggest me what is exect problem and what is the solution?

Re: Computer Restart Problem

Anything in the event logs at the time of the restart? Is it fully patched? What AV do you have?

You could also use malware bytes to run a scan of the system in safe mode as well as normal mode.
    Last edited by Virtual; 6th July 2011, 14:03. Reason: correct a mis-type

Comment

Also, try disabling the auto restart on system failure:

Properties of My Computer, advanced tab, start up and recovery options, uncheck automatically restart in the system failure section.

This should let you see the BSOD, or some error, instead of just rebooting.

Comment

It sounds like a hardware problem on the motherboard. Check to see if the top is raised on the transisters.

Comment

Originally posted by root17 View Post
          It sounds like a hardware problem on the motherboard. Check to see if the top is raised on the transisters.
          Easy to confuse them but I think you may be refering to the capacitors. The ones that look like mini, extremely mini beer cans. They are electrolytic capacitors.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Sorry, yes that is what I ment.

Comment

When browsing on the Internet, are you logged on as an Administrative User or as a Standard User with the corresponding restricted permissions? Just wondering if you may have picked up something nasty from a website or a downloaded file.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

If some extra hardware was installed or drivers recently updated it could be that. I'd try scanning for malware using Avast or Spy-Bot. If you've managed to get a rootkit try Kaspersky's TDSS killer or TrendMicro's HouseCall in safe mode.

Comment

Working...
                X