dead end RAID installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dead end RAID installation

This is my last gasp at trying to set up a RAID 1 on a new XP Pro machine. The ASUS MB does NOT support a floppy drive but I have followed the ASUS instructions to use a USB floppy. The problem is the floppy drive is recognized by the installer intermittently and not when needed so the RAID driver never gets loaded. I'm about to give up on the idea and use a USB backup system instead. I just found this forum so I thought I'd see if anybody had a work around.

Re: dead end RAID installation

you could Slipstream the drivers into a wdinws XP installer disk using nlite
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: dead end RAID installation

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      you could Slipstream the drivers into a wdinws XP installer disk using nlite

I just had the same idea. Wish me luck.

EDIT: Didn't work. The driver integration using NLITE seemed to go OK and the OS install went normally up to the first Windows splash screen when re-booting for the first time. After the splash screen I got a BSOD telling me something was corrupt. Something was indeed corrupt and badly because I was only able to re-format the RAIDED HDDs by putting them in an esternal USB enclosure. Anything else produced the same BSOD. I tried reporting all this to ASUS but their on line form is so complex that I got discouraged. You don't suppose they planned it that way. hmmm. Anyway, I give up. Please don't anybody suggest W7 as I consider that cure worse than this disease. I'm trying to wait for W8. I'm hoping there will actually be something in W8 worth spending money on.
      Last edited by ram1009; 19th May 2011, 21:20. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
      X