Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error when printing html

hi folks
    recently im getting a rundll32 application error when printing from .html (or .mht or .htm). i can press ok or cancel and it will print but its very annoying. its happening in several pc's all of them running xp-pro.
    appriciate your time trying to resolve the problem.
    I'll be happy to provide more info if needed.
    attached is the error message.
    Attached Files

Re: error when printing html

WHich browser are you using?
    Has anything changed on the systems recently? (updates?)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

ie 6 or 7
      nothing changed, win updates for some all of them for others only sec updates.

Comment

Try having a look to see if there are any updated printer drivers - or alternative versions. Sometimes PCL5 works where PCL6 won't and vice versa.

Comment

I would try to take it towards html settings or something more basic 'cause it has been tested with several pc's and several and diffrent printers.

Comment

There's a possibility that an antivirus could be causing this kind of issue - alternatively there's also a possibility that malware could have spread round your network.

A HiJackThis log from one of the offending PCs would confirm or rule out the latter. Test the former by disabling or even uninstalling the A/V from the PC.

Another possibility is that some app you are running on the PCs has installed a broken add-on into Internet Explorer. Have you tried resetting IE? On 7/8/9 the option is Internet Options -> Advanced -> Reset Internet Explorer Settings -> Reset.

Unless you have a specific need for IE6, there's little reason to have computers so far behind.

Comment

Hi
              I've reseted the explorer as you suggested but no luck.
              I've stopped the AV and im getting the error.
              I'm attaching the hijackthis file and will appriciate if u can check it. please note that I replaced my domain name with 5*, so when u see it know that its ok.
              ty
              Last edited by Jungleman; 3rd May 2011, 12:36.

Comment

Hmm, there's a few running processes I don't recognise. The "Browser Configuration Utility" stood out but from a quick google this could be something loaded by motherboard drivers. Not needed but not nasty.

Do you recognise VSign VPort as a valid app? Nothing major stands out.

The only things that show as a possibility:

1) McAfee has a number of browser helper addons that will still be loaded even if you "disable" the antivirus. What happens if you run IE without addons? (start -> programs -> accessories -> system tools -> Internet Explorer (No Addons) )

2) Are you on the latest version of McAfee?

3) Can you test without the proxy to remove any chance that it may be breaking something in some odd way?

Comment

hi again
                  well.. the vpsign is a valid program.
                  i run the ie completly addon free but it didnt help.
                  my mcafee is the latest.
                  i cant bypass the proxy but i have other pc's running through the proxy and i dont get the error with them.

Comment

How about printing a local html file without the proxy in place.

Comment

gute morgen
                      yep, i get same error when printing local html. the proxy is not related to the issue. its something in the os, but again i have the same os version in a lot of pc's, in some of them it happens frequently while others are fine. maybe something cruppted in the registery? i dont know how to approach and check it.

Comment

Have you tested the physical memory in the PC???

Comment

Its hard to believe I have 10-15 pc's with malfunction memory moduls.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungleman View Post
                            Its hard to believe I have 10-15 pc's with malfunction memory moduls.
                            True but if the RAM all came from the same batch it is possible. The process is to now eliminate everything so what is left is causing the problem.
                            1 1 was a racehorse.
                            2 2 was 1 2.
                            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Bad bathces happen and unfortunately you may have gotten some from one.

What printer are printing to??? Is it on a print server??? What type of printer is it???

You've updated all the applicable drivers for it???

Comment

Working...
                              X