No announcement yet.

NetBIOS disabled

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetBIOS disabled

I have one XP SP3 client that has issues after it renews its DHCP lease the NetBOIS is disabled. If you use ipconfig /all its the last thing listed. Every other PC that gets an address from that server (SBS2003) has no issues and this PC did not have this issue for the first year+ that it was in service.

I checked the local configuration and the netbios is not disabled, I checked the DHCP server and it is also not disabled. The only way I can get it back that I have found so far is to do a system restore, but as soon as the lease expires it happens again.

I tried deleting the lease off the server, reserving that IP address and release/renew. I also tired assinging the PC a static manually nether one allowed me to re-enable the NetBIOS.

System restored this AM so I will have to wait 8 days for it to do it again, but I want to have a solution ready this time.
    Last edited by nbolds442; 19th April 2011, 16:05.

Re: NetBIOS disabled

See if that helps.
    Two things:
    1) If I wrote something wrong please please please let me know. I want to know ESPECIALLY if I am wrong.
    2) I have a tendency to write things that are misconstrued as being agressive or not so pleasant. That is not my intent.

Re: NetBIOS disabled

TY for the post my nbtstat -n returned "NetBT is not bound to any devices."

Which pointed me to a couple of other things.
      also these commands may fix it if anyone has the same issue.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

It was fixed by a reinstall of the NIC drivers.