New netgear NIC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New netgear NIC

I am stomped! At work, I have a Dell Optiplex 745 with an integrated NIC that failed. I purchased a netgear GA311 PCI NIC. I followed the installation procedures. After the install, it acquired all the network information correctly (IP address, gateway, etc.) and I can ping my servers from the command propmt. At the run command when I type the servers ip address or the server name it gives me a network access error. I tried logging into my work domain using the administrator account and it fails. HELP!!! I am not sure how to procedd from here. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Re: New netgear NIC

Originally posted by TTomy View Post
    At the run command when I type the servers ip address or the server name it gives me a network access error.
    Tell us what the error is? What are you entering at the Run box - are you prefixing the name/address with \\ ?

After the install, it acquired all the network information correctly (IP address, gateway, etc.)
    Does it acquire the correct DNS addresses? Post the results of ipconfig /all from this workstation and another one that's working.

I can ping my servers from the command propmt.
    By hostname or by IP?

I tried logging into my work domain using the administrator account and it fails.
    What happens exactly? Have you ever been able to login as that domain account? Are you able to login as another domain user?

What version of Windows is this running? Does anything appear in Event Viewer? Have you tried removing and readding the machine to the domain?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: New netgear NIC

Thanks for your reply. Removing the PC form the domain and turning off the integrated NIC worked.

Comment

Working...
      X