Slipstreaming Hitachi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipstreaming Hitachi

I am trying to sliptream xp on a vista machine. i wiped the hardrive, however i don't remember what i need to install for the computer to recognize there is a hard drive present. Is it a hard drive controller? Sata Raid Controler? Here are the specs for the hardrive. I have looked everwhere for drivers for this model, can't find anything, could be looking for the wrong thing too!

Hard drive Name: Travelstar 5K250
    Model number: HTS542516K9A300
    Part number: 0A54974
    Capacity: 160 GB
    Rotational speed (RPM): 5400
    Interface: Serial ATA
    Interface variant: 3Gb/s
    Form factor: 2.5"
    Cache size: 8 MB

Thanks
    Last edited by Kobe 310; 4th April 2011, 17:21.

Re: Slipstreaming Hitachi

You need the SATA driver. These drivers should be available from the manufacturer's website (or if you know the chipset, from Intel).

How are you trying to "slipstream" (I assume you mean install) XP onto your machine? If you have an XP CD, then you can use nLite to slipstream the SATA driver into the XP install CD and avoid having to copy the SATA driver to a floppy disk and then press F6 to install the driver. Slipstream SATA Driver tutorial by Dragos Jijau.

Using nLite will also allow you to customise your install CD by adding various other drivers and Windows Updates so you don't have to do so much "updating" once the installation has completed.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yes using nlite, i tried using a unziped file from their website, didn't work, just guessing i guess, not sure where to install the driver, i'm clicking on drivers in the integrate section, but it wants an .inf file, there is not one in my folder, i uzipped the file??? STUCK????
      Last edited by Kobe 310; 4th April 2011, 18:59.

Comment

Well we don't know what driver you've downloaded, so...

You need to download the drivers for your computer (if you bought it from a company like Dell, HP etc). If not, then you will need to download the drivers from your motherboard manufacturer.

And yes, you will need to find the inf files for each driver you want to add to the CD.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

sorry, that probably would have helped lol. tried this, i know it says windows 7, but can't find anything for xp, tried anyways, when unzipping didn't see .inf files. cpmputer is a toshiba satallite A205-S5831

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...ily=1073768663

Intel Robson Technology Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)
          Version:1.10.0.1012Size:34,952,064 bytesPosted:09/03/09Released Date:09/03/09Applicable Categories:Driver, HDDOperating System:Windows 7 (32bit), Windows 7 (64bit)

Comment

You need XP drivers. XP and 7 use different driver models.

Is it a Toshiba computer you have? What model? What version of Windows came pre-installed on it (Vista, correct?).

Edit: Sorry, your previous post didn't display properly in the notification email.

Contact Toshiba customer support to see if XP drivers are available.

I'd be surprised if not, since most OEMs shipping computers with Vista would also ship the same models with the Vista license downgraded to XP.
            Last edited by gforceindustries; 4th April 2011, 19:20.
            Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

yes, computer is a toshiba satallite A205-S5831

ok, thanks for everybodys quick responces , will post what happens.

Comment

One option would be to install Virtual PC or similar under Vista and install XP as a virtual machine - that would require an extra XP licence though, as opposed to installing XP on the laptop which could use your OEM Vista licence downgraded to XP.
                Gareth Howells

Comment

Try this driver and using the nLite tutorial link I posted above, slipstream it into the installation CD. http://jasonross.name/files/A205-S5867_SATARAID.zip
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

biggles77

thanks, it worked. i tried one driver at first, didn't work, so i loaded all of them, and it took, just don't know which one is the right one. Are there any downfalls to having to many drivers installed?

Comment

Nope. It just means you can use that install CD on different machines that may require differents driver.
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

k, thanks biggles77

Comment

Working...
                        X