serscan.sys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serscan.sys

I installed my HP wireless 6500 printer and everytime I boot I get a message that says The file serscan.sys on Windows XP Home Edition CD ROM is needed. The path that it is searching is C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE\hpwscu01_D71A5E815C9E 2CE251F9E09D25F138E2D0C53F2A\i386. It did not find it there. I did a search for this file on the HD and it did not find it. The computer came loaded with Windows XP Home so I do not have the CD. I called HP and they spent 1/2 hour looking around my computer and downloading some fixes but could not find the file either. The printer works wireless but it is a pain everytime I boot my computer. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: serscan.sys

Contact your computer manufacturer. Many OEMs are prepared to sell you a copy of the installation media if you didn't order one to begin with.

Have you tried uninstalling the printer to see if the error goes away, and then reinstalling to see if the error comes back?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

The company I purchased the computer from is out of business. I worked with HP to uninstalled and reinstalled the printer and that did not work.

Comment

And did the error message stop while the printer was uninstalled?

I don't know what country you're in but it looks like there are a good number of XP Home disks available on Ebay for a relatively low price.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

serscan.sys - See if that helps.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X