Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop Icons in Xp for all users

Hello,

I set up multiple users for the same XP machines here. They are all power users. I am trying to install icons for programs that the new users will be using. I create them all in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop but they only work for me. How can I set them up to be the same icons on the dektop for all users who use this machine? I appologize if this topic has already been covered on this site, I cant seem to find it.

Thanks

Re: Desktop Icons in Xp for all users

Hi,

you have do it the right way , it should works... okay now please ensure that all other users have enable / can see desktop icons (means that are not hide).

Regards

Comment

what? I don't understand.....

Comment

I think he means you have done it right. I do the some thing most days and it works fine. It seems a bit odd that it doesn't work for you. Have you tried any other workstations?
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X