slow user's profile loading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow user's profile loading

hi everyone, i tried looking the answer on the web but no luck.

i'm having a problem in a win XP machine which is in a domain.

when a user is logging in that same machine his profile is taking a really long time to load (the profile is not a roaming profile and does not have a size limit,nor too many files on the desktop).

i know there's a registry key to solve the problem,

can anyone please help me with that ????

thanks allot.

Re: slow user's profile loading

what size is the profile?

You can find this by right clicking on Mycomputer and going to properties.
    then advanced system settings
    then user profiles

THe amount of stuff on the desktop doesn't matter. What actually happens when you load a profile, is it copies all the information from user.dat into the registry. (It also unloads it when the user logs out)

So if the overall profile gest too big, it starts to take too long to load.

My point is, don't just look at what's on the desktop.

Also, try another user's profile on the same computer, see if the same problem happens.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi, well, the problem is that the problem only happens on one computer and that the profile is only 6mb big .

any suggestions ?

Comment

I take it it's a XP (or 2000 machine).
        If that's the case, just rename the user's folder in the profiles directory (C:\Documents and Settings).
        Then get him to log back on. When the user gets logged back on, a brand new profile is created for him.
        This should sort it If it's a profile issue. You can then move over to the new profile data from his old one.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X