How can I recover my Password?? Please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I recover my Password?? Please help

I was a long time windows user, but I got tired of all of viruses, and junk you get when using windows and I swich to Unix. now I will like to get some files that are on my laptop but for some reason, my password is not working at all I call Dell and they told me the only way for me to regain control of my system is by formatting my drive and that will mean total loss of data.

I don't want that, the strange thing is that the when I try to go to set up by pressing F2 it ask me for the password, as soon as I turn the computer on it will ask me for the password maybe it did that a few year ago but I just don't remember I will really appreciate any help you guys could offer me really Please I really need some guidance here of how I could get the files so may be I put this old machine to rest for good.

Thanks in advance.

Re: How can I recover my Password?? Please help

Hi,

Solution 1 for Root Password Recovery
    Solution 2 for Root Password Recovery

Regards

Comment

Ok as soon as I turn the system on I get the following screens, one that instruct me to press F2 to enter set up, that one only will last like two seconds,, then I get the passwor not to mention that if I press F2 to enter set up it will else ask me, for the password. Now how do I boot this machine up using a CD? or Floppy Diks please any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Is this a BIOS password you are talking about?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yes is a Bios Password, how can you by pass that.?

Comment

Have a lookee here. http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...G=Search&meta=
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Call Dell and they will give you a master reset password for your machine.

You will have to prove that you actually own the laptop.

Comment

Working...
              X