Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No members showing in local administrators group

Here's a strange one:

XP SP3 machine migrated to AD, local user profile migrated to domain profile using profwiz. Local user acount was a member of the local admins group.

After the migration, all the local profile settings and files seem to have transferred, to the domain profile, but user cannot use VPN client, (Permissions error).

I check to see if the user account is a member of the local admins group, and find that there are NO members of that group, (viewing through computer management). When I try to add the domain account to the local admins group I get the user is already a member of this group message.

run net localgroup Administrators from a command prompt it errors out with a system error 87.

run net localgroup users completes succesfully.

When logged in as the domain user which should be a member of the local admins group, permissions are obviously restriced, (can't write to VPN client logs that reside in C:\Program files\, can't change local system settings, etc.)

Any thoughts what I should look at next?

TIA

Re: No members showing in local administrators group

is this workstation is clone of some other WS?
    Cheers!!
    MCSE 2003,MCSA- Messaging 2003, VCP

Comment

what happens when you remove the machine from the domain, can you list the admin group members then?
      Life's a breeze, so spread your wings and fly baby

Comment

is this workstation is clone of some other WS?
        No.

what happens when you remove the machine from the domain, can you list the admin group members then?
        That was going to be my next step, but the remote site where this machine lives lost power over the weekend, so as soon as I can get back into it, I'll let you know.

Comment

Working...
        X