dotnet client application not recognising change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dotnet client application not recognising change

I have a dotnet client application that refers to a oconnection string in a configuration file.

i have changed this configuration file, yet it's not picking up the change.

I have a memory of, somehow, somewhere before, forcing the dotnet framework to clear all it's cache and restart and stuff, I just can't remmber it

any ideaas ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Re: dotnet client application not recognising change

Try adding <clear/> into the connectionstrings section. Like so,

Code:
    <configuration>
      <connectionStrings>
        <clear /> 
        <add name="MyAwesomeConnection" connectionstring="...">
      </connectionStrings>
    </configuration>
    -vP

Comment

thanks mate - I actually figured it out - there was a service on the server that needed rebooting.

Here's the scenario:

Someone had installed VMware on the server. It created new network interfaces.
      our engineer shutdown the server last night to install a new tape drive.
      somehow, the server came back up and registered all the VMware addresses, and nics and stuff.
      this blew up DNS, which may have been the initial problem.

therew is a client-side dotnet applicatiopn that has two things:

A remoting call to a server (server.company.com) and a SQL connection string (also server.company.com)
      We knew it was resolving properly. I could connect to the relevant ports, but for some reason, the client-side application was firing this at me:

server 192.168.221.2 is not responding on port 7776

i eventually figujred out this was the remoting service, and then eventually found a service that i thought "oh whatever" and just kicked it over
      kicking it over worked

Now I get to write about it tomorrow, since noone in my company knows anythin about it

it just frustrated me SO much that I used to deal with dotnet stuff like that for 8 hours a day, and now I've forgotten lots of it
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel
        it just frustrated me SO much that I used to deal with dotnet stuff like that for 8 hours a day, and now I've forgotten lots of it
        Warm pommy beer rots the brain. Click image for larger version

Name:	acclaim.gif
Views:	8
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	464667
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X