XP Sr2 Reboot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Sr2 Reboot

Every now and then my XP SR2 machine shutsdown, occasionally it reboots but sometimes it just blackscreens on me. The event logs show a bug check with no dicipherable message.

The machine in question is has Windows XP Pro SR running on an AMD Athlon XP 2600 Processor, 512 Mb of ram. Have swapped ram and motherboards, and have previously run this cpu in another machine for months with no issue.

Can anyone suggest a reason / fix for this?, it has my quite perplexed. I have read somewhere that there is a patch for AMD processors with Windows XP Sr2 but was unable to locate this patch on either the Microsoft or AMD websites.

Please Help!!!.

Cheers,

Liam

Re: XP Sr2 Reboot

This may be what you were looking for. http://support.microsoft.com/default...t=windowsxpsp2
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

What's SR2?

I had a similar problem on an AMD computer with an ATI card, turns out that the card was bad. Changed it and all got back to normal.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Sounds like it might be overheating or might be the powersupply...

Comment

check the power supply ive had this before on a pc i used for gaming.

i installed asus probe as the mobo was an asus one and it showed the 5v was dropping below the tolerance level and it was causing the pc to reboot, changed the psu and it worked a treat afterwards.

most mobo now have monitoring software of some description.

good luck

Comment

Have you checked the event logs for information????

Comment

Working...
            X