Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocking HTTPS Traffic

Here's the situation -

I have a coworker (boss) that is a complete asshole and all he does all day is run his mouth and do nothing except daytrade on his personal Scottrade account and manage by intimidation. It's getting rather old, and myself and another coworker want to block him from accessing this site. Basically taking his blankie away.

I have already went in to ipsec and created a policy to block all https traffic on his computer (and it worked - for a day), until he took it into the pc store to get it fixed because he thought it was malfunctioning. The pc techs at the repair center deleted the policy and he is back to day trading. I setup the policy when he went home one night.

Now, what I need to know is, is there anyway I can setup something similar remotely from my pc and and block his traffic? I don't have access to the company firewall or router, so that's out of the question. I thought there was some way I could still block his https traffic, either remotely or in another fashion.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Re: Blocking HTTPS Traffic

Are you a domain or workgroup -- if a domain, group policy will get reapplied

However I think this is one where there has to be a human solution -- quiet complaint to HR, possibly?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

We are in a workgroup... Does this help?

Comment

you could simply change his host file but of course it will be found easily.. (:

Comment

How do you change the host file?!

Comment

I'm with Ossian on this one. What do you suppose your boss is going to do, if he finds out you guys are messing with his side business?

-vP

Comment

why don't you just focus on bettering yourself, doing a good job, and finding a new job ?
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by holein1 View Post
                How do you change the host file?!
                Please do not be offended but if this basic operation is beyond your ablities then I believe your best course of action is to follow Ossian's earlier advice and pass the problem up the chain. Let someone else take the heat if this turns nasty.

Unless you are the IT Administrator and have been given specific instructions to monitor the employees computer activities you could find yourself in a world of hurt. Let the owner/CEO know what is happening and let them deal with it. If they are happy to let it continue either like it or upgrade your skills and get something better. Sorry but that is the best I can offer.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X