Event Source: System Error
    Event Category: (102)
    Event ID: 1003
    Date: 10/18/2010
    Time: 9:47:03 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: IDM5803
    Description:
    Error code 00000024, parameter1 001902fe, parameter2 ba4ef9e0, parameter3 ba4ef6dc, parameter4 b9cbcee0.
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at _ttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Data:
    0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
    0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
    0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
    0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 32 0000002
    0020: 34 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 4 Param
    0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
    0030: 31 39 30 32 66 65 2c 20 1902fe,
    0038: 62 61 34 65 66 39 65 30 ba4ef9e0
    0040: 2c 20 62 61 34 65 66 36 , ba4ef6
    0048: 64 63 2c 20 62 39 63 62 dc, b9cb
    0050: 63 65 65 30 cee0

I've reinstalled the WinXP and also I've done with chkdsk /f /r, and nothing is wrong with the hard disk. Is there any idea how to test, what's wrong with my computer...??

Please share with me..
    Thank you...

Regards,
    HENDHY

Re: EventID=1003; Error Code 00000024

Hello hendy, First things first, welcome.

2nd.. .

The 00000024 error code is a NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM error. This means there is a good chance that your file system is damaged, ie, Damaged hard drive, MBR or something like that.

You say you have already run a checkdisk on the computer, did it make you restart the computer to complete the test? If not, you did not scan the C drive, and need to do so.

Other then that, I would back everything up and replace the drive. if you still get the error I would say its ether a problem with the RAM, or the MB, and replace both of them.

Other then that, there is a MS knowledge base artical about this exact problem, and it would be nice if you tried google before asking for help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910311

Wofen
    Good to be back....

Comment

Hello Wofen..
      Thank you very much for your response... I've been googling before posting to this forum. I got that article too, but it's apply to Windows Server 2003, while my problem is occured in Windows XP SP3...

I've done "CHKDSK /F /R" and Windows did not find any problem (bad sector or else).

The article _ttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/910311 said that the problem is NTFS.SYS. Do you have idea what NTFS.SYS is all about...?

Currently, I'm testing my computer with Windows Memory Diagnostic (_ttp://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp), so far, it found no errors...

Regards,
      HENDHY

Comment

Did u try the Fixmbr and fixboot command in the recovery console?

Comment

Windows Memory Test did not found any errors...

Hello hotelcalefornia... Good idea... I'll try... Thanks for sharing..

Regards,
          HENDHY

Comment

I would do those one at a time, just to be safe, by the way.
            "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

ntfs.sys is a driver (I guess) that translates things into low level system commands as they relate to the NTFS (NT File System).
              It probably also does the even lower level calls that relate to how data is written to the disk.
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I'd think of them more of like a .cfg file, IMO.

Also, try this link.
                "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

HENDHY, there are couple of things that I would like to verify with you ..... what is the make and the model of the machine ??

If this is Dell then did you run the build-in diagnostics on HDD and Memory ??

You've mentioned that you already reinstalled Win Xp on the machine -- I believe this was a complete reinstall .... you deleted all the partitions and then created new ones -- right ??

After reinstalling Windows XP when did the bluescreen struck the client machine ??? Again after installing SP3 or before that or as soon as you're on the working desktop

Now when you power on the machine when will you see the bluescreen -- is it after the windows xp logo or before it ?? when exactly ?

Before installing Windows SP3 was the machine working fine ?? last is this x86 or x64 ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hendhy84 View Post
                    Hello Wofen..
                    Thank you very much for your response... I've been googling before posting to this forum. I got that article too, but it's apply to Windows Server 2003, while my problem is occured in Windows XP SP3...

I've done "CHKDSK /F /R" and Windows did not find any problem (bad sector or else).

The article _ttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/910311 said that the problem is NTFS.SYS. Do you have idea what NTFS.SYS is all about...?

Currently, I'm testing my computer with Windows Memory Diagnostic (_ttp://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp), so far, it found no errors...

Regards,
                    HENDHY

You know that the Hard drive is a piece of hardware, and therefore, it does not matter what version of the OS it is, it still effects it.

A BSOD is 90% of the time is hardware (or pagefault), plug a new hard drive in, stress test the system and see if it crashes.

Wofen
                    Good to be back....

Comment

Hello lvaibhavt..
                      Thanks for sharing... It's Lenovo M58.. Yes, I make the partition all brand new.. After reinstalling Win XP with SP3, the bluescreen struck the machine randomly, but it's not occured to other Lenovo M58 with WinXP SP3. This is x86 machine...

@All:
                      My Machine is stable now.. Here's what I've done:
                      1. I cleaned up the physical RAM with anti static cleaner and put it back,
                      2. Reinstall the machine from the begining again.
                      3. I downloaded SiSoft Sandra Trial (a benchmarking software)
                      4. Run The "Burn in" test a whole night.

Blue screen not appear now...

Thanks for your support guys...

Regards,
                      HENDHY

Originally posted by lvaibhavt View Post
                      HENDHY, there are couple of things that I would like to verify with you ..... what is the make and the model of the machine ??

If this is Dell then did you run the build-in diagnostics on HDD and Memory ??

You've mentioned that you already reinstalled Win Xp on the machine -- I believe this was a complete reinstall .... you deleted all the partitions and then created new ones -- right ??

After reinstalling Windows XP when did the bluescreen struck the client machine ??? Again after installing SP3 or before that or as soon as you're on the working desktop

Now when you power on the machine when will you see the bluescreen -- is it after the windows xp logo or before it ?? when exactly ?

Before installing Windows SP3 was the machine working fine ?? last is this x86 or x64 ?

Thanks

Comment

I was about to suggest it could be RAM, instead of the HDD.

However, since you've cleared it up, I won't :P
                        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                        X