Windows XP updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP updates

Can someone please explain why my friend still using Windows XP is still getting one or two updates. What is the purpose of these and does it make his XP any really safer. He does of course now only use Firefox.

I thought Microsoft had stopped doing all XP updates, but it is possible they are updating products like IE and including XP in the list of operating systems they are for
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If its anything like Server 2003 they will still be receiving the malicious software updates.

Comment

And here I thought most windows updates were malicious...

Coat, please.... the one WITHOUT the copy of Windows 10 in the pocket....
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          And here I thought most windows updates were malicious...

Coat, please.... the one WITHOUT the copy of Windows 10 in the pocket....

No comment

Comment

Working...
          X