No announcement yet.

Need help in URGENT - Migrate from local user profile to domain user profile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help in URGENT - Migrate from local user profile to domain user profile

Hi all,

I've searched throughout the forum for this issue, but all not the same like my case. My company has just migrated to domain controller, most of our users are Windows XP Pro.

The problem is when copy from local user profile --> domain user profile, MS Office Outlook was not copy too on some machines. But on some other machines, it tried to download all email (we're using MDaemon, POP3) in user mailbox even though old mails. This cause duplicate in email of users. They're not seem to be happy with this. I don't know how to resolve this issue.

Please help!!!

Thanks and regards

Re: Need help in URGENT - Migrate from local user profile to domain user profile

Where was your email stored before and how was it stored????

Were your users storing emails in a PST file???

Comment

Re: Need help in URGENT - Migrate from local user profile to domain user profile

All emails are stored in a single .PST file. This file is located on there C:\Document and Settings\user name\....

By the way, does the work of copying profile will work?

Comment

Is your client set to leave a copy of messages on the server or delete on download???

Comment

Most of them are set leave a copy of message on server, not delete after download messages.

That's why I face with reloading of POP3 message with Outlook.

Comment

You need to setup outlook to use the PST file from before and not create a new one.

Comment

OK, thanks for your helps a lot. I will try once more. But there is a problem with Access Denied.

I used my account domain, mine is Local Administrators Group to copy user profile from their local to domain. I got error with "Failed to set security on destination profile. Access Denied".

The two profiles are on a same PC, my domain account have Local Administrator rights on this PC.

Comment

Have you tried using the migration app -- FSTW?
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

No, I don't use any tool for the step of migration. I don't know such information like that. Just do all of it manually and got this error and until now, I don't know the reason.

As your message, are there any free tools to do that automatically. I have around 30 machines more to be switched to domain. Each takes me around 45 minute because most of the machine was more than 3 years old with a lot of data, email from the local profile.

Comment

Working...
                  X