Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Session authentication info stored?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Session authentication info stored?

Dear all
    I have 2 PCs using Windows 2003 (named AAA and BBB)

1) From AAA I want to access share folder of BBB via "\\BBB" then I input username/password of one account in Windows of BBB. It's normal.
    2) When I use "\\BBB" with username/password then I can use some commands from AAA interactived to BBB without username/password, for example:
    Code:
    shutdown -r -m \\BBB
    3) When I change password of account in BBB, then from AAA I run "\\BBB" and I get error ".... not permission...", there is no windows form to input username and new password to authenticate with BBB again.

From item 2 and item 3, my question is: Where is Session authentication info stored and how to delete it from Windows (of course restart AAA is the worst solution) ?

Thanks so much!

Re: Where is Session authentication info stored?

i have a recollection of a control panel item in XP that can store cached passwords, it's under "users" or something like that - have a look thrugh all those buttons, unfortunately i don't have an environment I could look at jus tnow
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Control userpasswords2

Type the above from run or a command prompt

Comment

I know this function of Windows but it just manages permanent account, it does not store session account infomation

Comment

run: cmdkey.exe /list
          (You can get the tool from a Windows server 2003 computer)

\Rems

BTW
          You've posted your question in the Windows XP forum. While you wrote that the 2 PCs using Windows 2003.
          Should this thread therefore be moved to the Windows Server section??

_
          _|
          Last edited by Rems; 23rd September 2010, 17:30.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
          and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Sorry I put topic here because I ask for both 2 Windows systems

I try "
            cmdkey.exe /list" but in fact it's the same GUI function of "Control userpasswords2"
            I want to get/delete session account information, for example you use Start/Run then "\\AAA", then you input username and password, where is this information?

Comment

Originally posted by ham_tim_hieu View Post
              Sorry I put topic here because I ask for both 2 Windows systems
              But you said that both systems are Windows 2003, not XP.

Using multiple connections to the same remote server with more than one set credentials is impossible.

)If connections were set persistent the remote computer will be automatically connected at logon.
              )Also, credentials for connections can be saved on the computer too. Then for every additional connection or re-connection to that specific remote computer the saved alternate credentials will be used ->> untill you delete the saved credendials and have closed all connections.
              If the credentals were not saved, just disconnect all connections before trying to reconnect.
              • Computer AAA will keep the SMB session a long with the (alternate) credentials. Additional bindings to computer BBB will always use the credentials of the outstanding connection.
              • For using the tool shutdown.exe the user need "Shut down the system" as wel as "Remote Shutdown" privileges.

On computer AAA start: NET.exe USE to view SMB sessions.
              You can disconnect by using a NET.exe command (i.e. NET.exe USE * /D /Y will deletes *all* to any machine).

It is possible to use a batch to connect/reconnect to a specific computer.
              This is an example:
              Code:
              @echo off & TITLE LOGIN TO ... & setlocal
              SET /P "S=Enter IP-address or Name of the remote computer: "...

For /f "tokens=1 delims=\" %%* in (
                 'echo.%S%') do Set "S=%%*"
              cls & TITLE LOGIN TO \\%s%

>nul (NET.exe USE|Find.exe "\\%S%")||(
                 NET.exe USE
                 echo.! No connections present using the name "\\%S%" !
                 echo. & goto:Connect)

echo.current connection(s) found:&echo.
              For /f "tokens=1,* delims=\" %%a in (
                 'NET.exe USE^|find.exe "\\%S%"') do (
                 Set M=%%b
                 call call:TRIM %%M:Microsoft Windows Network=%%)
              echo.&echo.

:Connect
              echo._&echo.Connect...
              echo.&SET /P "U=Type the accountname for \\%S%: "...

Net.exe USE "\\%S%" * /USER:%U% /P:NO ||(
                 cls & Net.exe USE "\\%S%\IPC$" * /USER:%U% /P:NO )
              endlocal

goto:eof  + + + Begin of Subroutines + + +
              :TRIM
              echo.\\%*
              NET.exe USE "\\%*" /D /Y
              exit /b 0
              IF the alternate credendials were saved then you should use cmdkey.exe /delete:targetname in the batch too.

Note,
              Connections can be made by using the \\IP-address, \\Netbiosname or \\dns.name of the remote computer, you'll have to know what name was used for each connection for the script to disconnect them.

\Rems
              Last edited by Rems; 26th September 2010, 01:53.

Comment

I use XP in my home and Server 2003 in my office.

"Computer AAA will keep the SMB session a long with the (alternate) credentials. Additional bindings to computer BBB will always use the credentials of the outstanding connection"
                It's correct, so I ask the way to delete this SMB session without restarting computer

As far as I know, "net use ..." just show only computers that have mapping drivers.

But any way, thanks for your sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by ham_tim_hieu View Post
                  I ask the way to delete this SMB session without restarting computer

As far as I know, "net use ..." just show only computers that have mapping drivers.
                  There you go,
                  Net use shows the \\server\IPC$ connection and/or other mappings to the computer. "The IPC$ share is used with temporary connections between clients and servers by using named pipes for communication among network programs. It is primarily used for to remotely administer network servers".

You don't have to reboot the computer, just use Net Use to determine the present connections to the specific computer. Then use Net Use commands to disconnect each entry (or try the bath).

\Rems

Comment

Originally posted by Rems View Post
                    There you go,
                    Net use shows the \\server\IPC$ connection and/or other mappings to the computer. "The IPC$ share is used with temporary connections between clients and servers by using named pipes for communication among network programs. It is primarily used for to remotely administer network servers".

You don't have to reboot the computer, just use Net Use to determine the present connections to the specific computer. Then use Net Use commands to disconnect each entry (or try the bath).

\Rems
                    You are right. Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
                    X