No announcement yet.

Uninstall microsoft management console - help!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall microsoft management console - help!

On my windows XP pro sp3 desktop I have installed Adminpak.msi to mange our domain. I have an MMC snap-in for Active Directory which I access by 'run as' to use my domain admin account (my logged on account is local user). The problem is while I access the MMC thru Run-as , the windows explorer (explorer.exe) crashes and nothing comes up. I tried different MMC snap-ins' and different admin accounts but it all ended up the same. But when I simply double click on the MMC it opens up and seems fine, but I can not access the AD console as the logged on account is a local user.

Is there a way to uninstall mmc.exe and install again? While I downloaded and tried to install MMC v3.0, it says there's latest version installed already because I have SP3..

Appreciate some clues.
    Last edited by Insaf; 6th September 2010, 13:06.
    Insaf Muhammed
    System Admin
    Never break four things in life: TRUST, PROMISE, RELATIONS & HEART. Cause when they break they don't make noise but pains a lot

Re: Uninstall microsoft management console - help!

As far as I am aware the MMC uses the logged on user account when accessing componants within the admin pak.

Try this

If that fails the uninstall SP3 and reapply
    The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
    ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **