X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE prompts to 'File Download'

Hi all,

My IE keeps on popping up a window
    'File Download - Do you want to save this file, or find a program online to open it? '
    Name: login.php
    Type: unknown File Type, xxxkg
    What i tried was that i deleted all the browsing history in IE and tried back in Facebook, i could login to facebook; but after i closed the IE and opened it back in Facebook, that 'File Download' window popped up again.

Do you guys have any idea what is causing this?
    Last edited by Ossian; 24th August 2010, 07:15.
    Mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open!

Re: IE prompts to 'File Download'

Just letting you know, there has been a Rouge AV useing Facebook as a infection site, so it could have something to do with that.

Other then that, I have had a similer issue with HTML files losing there "default program", and that made IE try to save any website I went to. The solution involded going into the reg and deleting a key that store the info, and letting it recreat it. But I do not know enough to give exact details (and that was ALL HTML sites I went to, not just one PHP site), but hope it points you in a direction.

Wofen
    Good to be back....

Comment

Do a System Restore to a date BEFORE this windows started popping open and see if that fixes it.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi guys,

I don't know what Wofen's suggestion worked; and i got an error avgrks86.xxx error rebooting in safe mode. Because the issue only happened to that particular user (not any other users) and I managed to fix the problem by removing the domain user from the system, restart and then add him back to the desktop, now the problem is gone.
        Last edited by ususim; 26th August 2010, 09:03.
        Mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open!

Comment

Originally posted by ususim View Post
          Hi guys,

I don't know what Wofen's suggestion worked; and i got an error avgrks86.xxx error rebooting in safe mode. Because the issue only happened to that particular user (not any other users) and I managed to fix the problem by removing the domain user from the system, restart and then add him back to the desktop, now the problem is gone.
          Have you thought about how that actually fixed the problem? This is an education question and not one where I am being critical. I want to see if you can understand why your action "fixed" the problem.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X