No announcement yet.

Windows XP booting issue!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP booting issue!

I had windows xp professional with sp3 previosly installed, abruptly it got stopped working when I turned my system on and after the POST there was blank screen nothing were loading all blank screen. Then I installed another copy of windows xp on another partition and after that I got dual boot option but still when i select previous version of windows xp which was previously installed still has the blank screen issue and the newly installed is working perfectly fine. Can you please guide me how to rectify that issue? I have lots of programs installed there so please help me to rectify that previously installed windows xp. thanks

Re: Windows XP booting issue!

You could consider doing a repair install of windows on the original partition, then immediately patching it to the correct level.

Creating a second installation does not do anything to repair the first one.

Alternatively, it may be better to copy any data to a backup device using your second installation and then do a fresh install of XP and reinstall your apps -- less baggage that way
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **