Cloned machines in terminal safe boot mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloned machines in terminal safe boot mode

I have used True Image for a while for a small group of XP SP3 machines at our school. I re-imaged 5 of them on Tuesday and they all just re-boot and end up back at the safe boot prompt. I can't understand this. I am not expecting anyone to troubleshoot TrueImage but as I am not at the site; can I ask this: will there be evidence of the problem in the logs? It's a new version but I cannot imagine why the master image machine is fine. They are all the same model of PC. I am sooo fed up with how difficult and expensive it is to clone windows. All the solutions are either propeller-head or mega bucks. On a mac - you can do this for free on any scale . . . <rant over> Any tips/suggestions most welcome.

Re: Cloned machines in terminal safe boot mode

Did you sysprep before you cloned?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Cloned machines in terminal safe boot mode

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Did you sysprep before you cloned?
      Thanks very much for the response. The documentation for TrueImage doesn't mention it so no. But of course it's a great tip and worth a shot. The strange thing is that it's never happened before. Thanks again - will give it go.

Comment

Working...
      X