No announcement yet.

Restore Files

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore Files

Two new "System Volume Information\_restore...." files have appeared on my C drive, leaving me very little free space.

1. Do these files hae to be on C? I have two ext HD's with lots of free space.

2. I can't find them in Windows Explorer even though I have checked the box to view hidden files.

I have done thorough cleanups with several cleaners; the culprits for the recent loss of space are the new SVI files. Any suggestions on how to get my free space back (I usually have about 24% and now have 17% on a very small system).

Last edited by janetb; 19th July 2010, 16:56. Reason: error

Re: Restore Files

Last edited by Ossian; 20th July 2010, 06:52. Reason: mod fixed smilies
    If in asking for more details about a problem I seem to be rude, think about it this way, If I did not have to ask, I would not of been forced to be rude.

Please assume anything and everything I say to be wrong unless I have provided links and evidence, or you have done the same.
    IE: you blow your server up following my advice, not my bad

A OP is bad if I can go to and answer the question by pressing 4 buttons. "Ctrl +c, Ctrl +v".

This link explains how to manage System Restore and also states that you must have it enabled on your system C: drive.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Thanks Wofen....That gave me 43,300,000 links to choose from...
        I added "reclaim disk space" and it narrowed it down to a 'only' a few thousand...

The ones I read were not relevant. One was perfect, but it required commands which did not seem to work--I think it was for Vista whereas I am XP....I am not familiar with command lines at all....

In any case, everything went back to normal today.. ! I was concerned yesterday because two mammoth files (~150MB each) were not defragmentable--something which has never happened before....Today they were.....I'll still have to see what else I can delete, as I am still at only 17% free space on a 10GB C:......