No announcement yet.

Uninstall Service Pack 3

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall Service Pack 3

I am trying to uninstall Service Pack 3 from Windows XP but I am unable to do so.

I tried removing from Add/Remove Programs but the REMOVE button is not visible.

I also tried going to the following path:
    c:\windows\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst\spuni nst.exe

But this does not exist.

I also tried doing a system restore but it still have SP3.

Please help!!!

Re: Uninstall Service Pack 3

Why do you want to uninstall SP3?
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

This is our test environment and I am trying to do some testing. Since this is the only test computer, I really don't feel like re-installing Windows again.

I am hoping to remove SP3 and run a script that will install SP3 when a user logs in.

When you installed it, did you opt to keep copies of the files that were replaced? If not, then you can't uninstall it.

That is assuming you installed it after Windows was already setup of course - if it was slipstreamed into the install media, then again, you can't remove it.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

good business case for using software images in your testlab.. or virtual infrastructure with snapshots
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point